Editorial Board | Instruction to Author | Download Journals | Journal Advertisement Form
Raymond Hon-Wah Chan
Moses S S Chow
David Sai-Wah Ho
Cyrus R Kumana
Kathy Lai-Fun Lee
Stephen Wai-Luen Lee
Maurice P Leung
Archie Ying-Sui Lo
John E Sanderson
Alexander Shou-Pang Wong
International Editorial Consultants
A John Camm
Barry A Franklin
David T Kelly
William C Roberts
John E Sanderson, Editor of Clinical Cardiology
Suet-Ting Lau, Editor of Preventive Cardiology
Kau-Chung Ho, Editor of Invasive Cardiology
Yuk-Kong Lau, Editor of Non-invasive Cardiology
Chu-Pak Lau, Editor of Pacing and Electrophysiology
Cyrus R Kumana, Editor of Basic Cardiology: Pharmacology
Wai-Kwong Chan, Editor of Images in Cardiology: ECG
back to top
INSTRUCTION FOR AUTHORS
The Journal of the Hong Kong College of Cardiology publishes peer-reviewed articles on all aspects of cardiovascular disease, including original clinical studies, review articles and experimental investigations. As official journal of the Hong Kong College of Cardiology, the journal publishes abstracts of reports to be presented at the Scientific Sessions of the College as well as reports of the College-sponsored conferences.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal must not be under simultaneous consideration by any other publication and should not have been published elsewhere in substantially similar form. The letter of submission must so affirm. A transfer of copyright form to be signed by all authors to the Hong Kong College of Cardiology should accompany all submitted articles.
Manuscripts can be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the Hong Kong College of Cardiology, c/o Medcom Limited, Room 504-5, Cheung Tat Centre, 18 Cheung Lee Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or
- Submit on-line by clicking the link below :
Manuscripts must be submitted in English in triplicate (one original and two copies) and typed double-spaced on A4 size white bond paper. This applies to all parts of the manuscript, i.e. references, legends, etc. Liberal margins should be left at the top and bottom, as well as the sides. Except for editorials, images/ECG and letters, all manuscript should be submitted in the following order: Title Page, Abstract, Text, References, Tables, Legends, and Figures. Each page, beginning with the summary, should also include the senior author's surname typed on the upper, left-hand corner. The author should not make any changes in the proofs except for corrections of editorial errors, if any, and/or correction of typesetter's errors. Employees of industry may not evaluate or comment about the products of a competitor. A commercial name should not be part of a manuscript title. Finally, authors should make no claims of priority in their manuscripts.
Include full name(s), degree(s) and affiliation(s) of author(s); list under file.
Give a running title of 3 to 6 words.
At the bottom of the page, include information about grants, if applicable.
Add: "Address for reprint:...", followed by full name, address, telephone and fax numbers.
Abstract should be after title page and numbered page 1.
It should not exceed 250 words for major articles; case reports should have abstracts of no more than 100 words.
At the end of the abstract, provide a maximum of 6 key words suitable for indexing.
Abbreviations should be kept to a minimum and must be explained when they first appear; after first use, abbreviations alone may be used.
Standard abbreviations should be used for all measurements (SI units).
The text should follow the abstract and begin on a new page, as should References, Tables, and Legends.
Abbreviations not defined in the abstract should be explained when they first appear in the text.
References should be cited in numerical order, as should tables and figures.
Number in the order in which they appear in the text.
Abbreviate titles of periodicals according to the style of the Index Medicus.
Follow the format (arrangement, punctuation) shown below:
1. Lewis T. Paroxysmal tachycardia. Heart 1909;1:43-72.
(if more than three authors, please use "et al." after the third).
Books (edited by other authors of article)
2. Furman S. Pacemaker follow-up. In Barold SS, (eds): Modern Cardiac Pacing. Mount Kisco, New York, Futura Publishing Company, 1985, pp. 889-958.
Books (identical author and editor)
3. Chung EK. Principles of Cardiac Arrhythmias. Baltimore, MD, Williams & Wilkins, 1977, pp. 97-188.
4. Same as periodicals and followed by "(abstract)".
Tables should supplement, but not duplicate, the text.
Tables should be numbered consecutively in order of appearance in the text.
Each table must be given an Arabic numeral and a title, placed at the top of the page.
Abbreviations used in the table should be foot-noted and explained in the order in which they appear in the table, if they have not been previously used.
- Any material which is not self-explanatory should be foot-noted as well.
Be sure that legends and figures correspond.
Identify all abbreviations used in a figure at the end of each legend, if the abbreviation has not been used in the text.
Be sure abbreviations used for measurements are standard SI unit.
- Submit either 3 black and white glossy prints or 2 prints and one photocopy, preferably of 13 cm x 18 cm (5" x 7") size.
- On the back of each figure, indicate number, senior author's surname, top of illustration; all of this should be written lightly with soft, black pencil.
- Submit written permission from publisher(s) for any figure which has been published previously.
- Do not use clips on illustrations; submit them in an envelope backed by cardboard.
- Any lettering or scale of measurement used in an illustration must be large enough to be legible in the event of half-size reduction.
- Do not send original art-work, X-rays, or ECGs.
- Photographs in which a patient or other person is identifiable must have written permission from that person. The consent must state specifically what the person is consenting to and what restrictions, if any, the person has placed upon the publication of the photo-graph. All restrictions must be strictly observed.
- Colour illustrations are costly and will be charged to the author.
- Authors should inquire about cost from the publisher before submitting a colour illustration.
Published studies on human subjects should indicate the nature of consent and the approval of the institutional ethics committee if deemed appropriate. In case of animal experiments, ethical approval must be enclosed.
The author is responsible for all material presented in a paper. The journal disclaims all responsibility for such material. No product or service advertised in this publication is guaranteed or warranted either by the Editors or publisher. Neither the Editors nor publisher guarantee any claims made by a manufacturer or an author in regard to a product or service. If a trademark item is named, the name(s) and address(es) of the manufacturer(s) or supplier(s), in addition to the generic name, should be foot-noted.
Reprints are available. Ordering information can be obtained from the above address.
Local Subscription: HK$200/year (including postage)
Overseas Subscription: US$120/year (including airmail postage)
back to top
- November 2016 Vol.24 supplement 1
- October 2016 Vol.24. No.2
- April 2016 Vol. 24. No. 1
- October 2015 Vol.23. No.2
- April 2015 Vol. 23. No. 1
- November 2014 Vol.22 supplement 1
- October 2014 Vol.22. No.2
- April 2014 Vol. 22. No. 1
- October 2013 Vol.21. No.2
- April 2013 Vol. 21. No. 1
- December 2012 Vol.20 supplement 2
- October 2012 Vol.20. No.2
- April 2012 Vol.20 supplement 1
- April 2012 Vol. 20. No. 1
- October 2011 Vol.19. No.2
- April 2011 Vol. 19. No. 1
- December 2010 Vol.18 supplement
- October 2010 Vol.18. No.2
- April 2010 Vol. 18. No. 1
- October 2009 Vol.17 supplement
- October 2009, Vol. 17, No. 2
- April 2009, Vol. 17, No. 1
- November 2008 Vol.16 supplement 1
- October 2008, Vol. 16, No. 2
- April 2008, Vol. 16, No. 1
- October 2007, Vol. 15, No. 2
- April 2007, Vol. 15, No. 1
- December 2006 Vol.14 supplement 2
- October 2006, Vol. 14, No. 2
- April 2006, Vol. 14, No. 1
- October 2005, Vol. 13, No. 2
- April 2005, Vol. 13, No. 1
- July / October 2004, Vol. 12, No. 3/4
- January / April 2004, Vol. 12, No. 1/2
- October 2003, Vol. 11, No. 4
- July 2003, Vol. 11, No. 3
- April 2003, Vol. 11, No. 2
- January 2003, Vol. 11, No. 1
- October 2002, Vol. 10, No. 4
- July 2002, Vol. 10, No. 3
- April 2002, Vol. 10, No. 2
- January 2002, Vol. 10, No. 1
- October 2001, Vol 9, No. 4
- July 2001, Vol 9, No. 3
- April 2001, Vol 9, No. 2
- January 2001, Vol 9, No. 1
back to top
Journal Advertisement Form
Interested parties please chick on the link below to download the Advertising Booking Form:
Advertising Booking Form